COACHES CHECK SCHEDULE DAILY FOR UPDATES
The 2019 Tip Off will be governed by
2019 Gulf Coast Basketball Rule except as indicated below:
Teams must check in 1 hour prior to 1st game, teams playing the 9:00 am and 10:00 am games can check in after their first game. Team roster must be turned into the scorer’s table at that time prior to first game (no changes to team rosters can be made after 1st game. Player must be in uniform upon to enter the gyms, only two coaches passes will be given for teams only and coaches should be present. Birth certificates and report cards required and must be made available for inspection by tournament staff.
- A player can play on only one team within a single Grade division of any tournament. A player can play in more than one Grade division of any tournament, provided the player is Grade eligible for each division in which the player participates.
- AAU and YBOA registrations will be accepted, if you are not register with AAU or YBOA you must download and submit a Gulf Coast Basketball Team Roster which can be found on our web site www.gulfcoastbasketball.com.
The official playing rules will be the National Federation of State High School rules for the current year with the following modifications:
- The Clock will run continuously, except during free-throw, time-outs and injuries. During the final two minutes of each half the clock will be run in a regulation format (this means every whistle the clock will stop).
- Five (5) minutes of warm-up in between games (subject to change if necessary)
- Three (3) minute halftimes (subject to change if necessary)
- Two (2) Fourteen (14) minute halves for (Grades 3rd -8th).
- Two (2) Sixteen (16) minute halves for (Grades 9th-11th).
- Two (2) one (1) minute time-outs per half.
- Running Clock: In games where a team is ahead by 25 points or more in the second half, the clock will continue to run and will stop for only time-outs and injuries.
- Overtime: Overtime is (3) minute with (1) 30-second timeout in overtime with no carryovers. Extra overtime will be SUDDEN DEATH with no timeout. (1st team to score wins, including free throws ONLY IN POOL PLAY GAMES)
- Uniforms: Teams listed first and on top of bracket is home and wear the white/light color. Bring both colors to game in case a team does not have extra uniforms.
ALL PROTESTS WILL BE SETTLED BY THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR WHO DECISION WILL BE FINAL.
2019 TIP OFF