Welcome to the 28th Annual Lady Laker Spring Classic!!.
The schedule is now complete and posted. There were many requests and we did our best to honor those requests and maintain an excellent schedule with great competition. At this time it will be very difficult to make any adjustments to the schedule.
All teams have four games. The first three are set for all teams. In some divisions the fourth game will be a crossover game with another division that is determined by the results of the first three games. The easiest way to get questions answered will be through email at [email protected]
For the first time in the history of the Spring Classic we are offering live schedule updates through Scorbot. This free service will be the easiest way to keep updated on schedules and standings throughout the tournament.
This free service is available to all coaches, parents, players and guests.
To receive a text on your cell phone with game results and next game information:
- Text your Team ID Number to 234-542-6343
- Your Team ID Number is located on the game schedule next to your team name.
- You will receive texts with your team’s scores and next game information upon completion of every game.
- Sign up to follow scores and results of as many teams as you would like (separate each Team ID number with a comma).
Coaches – Please check in with the site administrator before your first game. 2 passes will be available for coaches for each team.
Admission is $6 daily for adults. Kids under 12 are $3
The first team listed on schedule provides official scorebook (Home Team) and the second team listed provides the score clock (Away Team).
Players on championship teams receive championship T-Shirts. If two teams finish undefeated in a 6 team bracket they will be co-champs and both will get shirts.
Teams should be ready to play 15 minutes before their scheduled time. Games will start early when possible. Warm-up is 5 minutes; halftime is 3 minutes unless games are running behind schedule. Grace period for forfeiture will be 5 minutes after the warm up period.
New York State High School Girls Basketball rules apply with the following exceptions:
- 10 second backcourt count (no shot clock)
- Advancement rule is in effect per NYS Girls High School Basketabll Rules.
- 2 shots on the 10th team foul each half and in the last minute of game if the score is within 15 points
- Players are disqualified on the 6th personal foul
- 3 one minute timeouts per game (one extra in OT)
- Games are 16 minute halves, stop time. There is no running time unless both coaches agree. 1st overtime is 2 minutes. 2nd OT is sudden death
Sportsmanship is of the upmost importance. Referees may ask coaches to intervene with unruly fans or players. Coaches unwilling to do so may forfeit. Coaches or players receiving a 2nd technical foul during a game will be ineligible for their team’s next game.
The WNY Lady Lakers are not responsible for lost or stolen items.