ALL GAME SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO COVID PROTCOLS AND MAY CHANGE.
AT THIS TIME, PARENTS CAN ATTEND GAMES OR PRACTICES IF THEY WEAR A MASK. FOR COVID SAFTEY. HOWEVER, ALL GAMES WILL BE BROADCAST ON YOUTUBE. SEE WEB SITE FOR LINKS.
EVERYONE MUST WEAR A MASK!!!
Dear Parents and Players,
Welcome to the 54th campaign of East Marietta Basketball!!
With an enrollment of over 1000 boys and girls from the 3rd through the 12th grades, our program is the most successful in Cobb County. Accordingly, the quality of the program is directly related to the level of parental participation. In order to keep up our level of success, East Marietta needs your full support.
We also graciously welcome any additional funds through sponsor contributions and rely on your charitable contributions to our Joyce Fox scholarship fund.
Each Team MUST provide a scoresheet plus a clock operator and scorekeeper for each game.
Winter Season: Home Team Wears White--Visitor wears Black Jerseys
PROTOCOLS FOR THE LEAGUE
RESPONSIBILITIES of PLAYERS, FAMILIES, and COACHES Regarding Covid-19 Protocols
Below are the current Covid-19 protocols for East Marietta Basketball. We are trying to create as safe of an environment as possible and these rules will be strictly enforced. Please read carefully. These protocols are subject to change, depending on Covid-19 conditions.
- Coaches and Assistant Coaches MUST WEAR MASKS at ALL times.
- Players MUST WEAR MASKS to enter the gym. Players may remove masks once on the court, if desired.
- Parents and other family members who watch practice MUST WEAR MASKS at all times in the building. No exceptions.
- Coaches, please have your team stay outside until the gym is cleared of the prior teams practicing. The gyms should be cleared before the next group enters. When there is more than one entrance/exit (such as at Fullers Park), when finished, exit the side blue door, while the next group enters via the front lobby.
- Please wear masks properly so they cover both the nose and mouth. ONLY PLAYERS can remove masks in the gyms.
- All parents and other fans must WEAR MASKS at ALL TIMES.
- Players MUST WEAR MASKS to enter the gym. Players may remove masks once on the court, if desired. During the game, players wear masks while sitting on the bench.
- Teams and fans wait outside with your teams until the prior game is finished.
- All games will be broadcast on YouTube for your family to enjoy. The links to the YouTube channels are at the bottom of the EMB website.
- Any documented COVID-19 cases may result in specific game cancellations for impacted teams. Games will be re-scheduled if possible.
- Illness & Quarantining:
- Parents, Players and Coaches: You agree you will not send your child to a practice or game while exhibiting any symptoms of illness, having a recent or suspected Covid-19 diagnosis, or if they have been recently exposed to someone with Covid-19.
- Be sure to notify your son or daughter’s coach of any Covid-19 related cases within your family or any player quarantine situations, due to exposure, immediately. As we enter this season of colds and flu mixed with Covid, be on the safe side and avoid attending EMB activities while exhibiting any symptoms. EMB should be promptly informed of all potential COVID-19 diagnosis among players, coaches, and their immediate household members, and you will be agreeing to promptly share testing results with a designee of East Marietta Basketball.
- Due to the nature of the pandemic, results of any positive tests or persons required to quarantine WILL be shared with impacted teams and coaches, as needed. The league follows CDC and Cobb/Douglas Dept. of Health guidelines regarding quarantine, which varies from Cobb County Schools.
- Coaches must report Covid-19 cases, suspected cases, or quarantine situations, among your team to your Commissioner.
- Quarantine Requirements are as follows.
Out 10 days counting Day 1 as the day after symptoms appeared or, if no symptoms, the day after the positive test.
Covid-19 Exposure/Contact Tracing:
IF NOT vaccinated:
Out either 10 days OR option to reduce to 7 days if you have a negative test on Day 5 or later, after exposure, and have no symptoms. Day 1 counts as the first day after the exposure occurred.
IF FULLY vaccinated:
If fully vaccinated, a player can return 3 plus days past exposure IF and WHEN they have a negative test, with the test taken AFTER 3 days of quarantine (counting Day 1 as the first day after exposure) AND no symptoms.