ALL GAME SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO COVID PROTCOLS AND MAY CHANGE.
AT THIS TIME, PARENTS CAN ATTEND GAMES OR PRACTICES. HOWEVER, IF Covid restrictions tighten regarding fan attendance, games will be broadcasted on YouTube.
FULLERS PARK still has a mask requirement in effect due to county rules. Coaches, assistant coaches, score table volunteers and fans watching practices or games at Fullers Park must wear a mask at all times. At school gyms, masks are strongly encouraged.
ALL Games played at Fullers on Saturday will be streamed live each week!!!
Dear Parents and Players,
Welcome to the 54th campaign of East Marietta Basketball!!
With an enrollment of over 1000 boys and girls from the 3rd through the 12th grades, our program is the most successful in Cobb County. Accordingly, the quality of the program is directly related to level of parental participation. In order to keep up our level of success, East Marietta needs your full support.
We also graciously welcome any additional funds through sponsor contributions and rely on your charitable contributions to our Joyce Fox scholarship fund.
Each Team MUST provide a scoresheet plus a clock operator and scorekeeper for each game.
Spring Season: Players wear EMB T-shirts
RESPONSIBILITIES of PLAYERS, FAMILIES, and COACHES Regarding Covid-19 Protocols (Updated February 27th, 2022)
Below are the current Covid-19 protocols for East Marietta Basketball. We are trying to create as safe of an environment as possible and these rules will be strictly enforced. Please read carefully. These protocols are subject to change, depending on Covid-19 conditions. Failure to follow these protocols can result in the loss of gym access.
At Fullers Park
Cobb County government still has their mask mandate in effect at Fullers Park.
- Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Score Table Volunteers, and FANS MUST WEAR MASKS at ALL times at Fullers Park. ONLY players and referees can remove masks. No exceptions. This applies to both practices and games.
- Players MUST WEAR MASKS to enter the gym. Players may remove masks once on the court, if desired
- Coaches, please have your team stay outside until the gym is cleared of the prior teams practicing or playing. The gyms should be cleared before the next group enters. Use the side blue door when exiting, while the next group enters via the front lobby.
- Please wear masks properly so they cover both the nose and mouth. ONLY PLAYERS can remove masks in the gyms.
At School Gyms
- Masks are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to be worn by Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Score Table Volunteers and Fans.
- Fans sit on the opposite side of the court from team benches. Please maintain Social Distancing where possible.
- Coaches, please have your team stay outside until the gym is cleared of the prior teams playing games or practicing.
- During recent seasons, games were broadcast on YouTube. Now that fans are allowed in gyms, games will be broadcast IF Covid restrictions tighten again.
- Any documented COVID-19 cases may result in specific game cancellations for impacted teams. Games will be re-scheduled if possible.
- Illness & Quarantining:
- Parents, Players and Coaches: You agree you will not send your child to a practice or game while exhibiting any symptoms of illness, having a recent or suspected Covid-19 diagnosis, or if they have a household family member with a recent Covid-19 diagnosis.
- Be sure to notify your son or daughter’s coach of any Covid-19 related cases within your family or any player quarantine situations, due to exposure, immediately. As we enter this season of colds and flu mixed with Covid, be on the safe side and avoid attending EMB activities while exhibiting any symptoms. EMB should be promptly informed of all potential COVID-19 diagnosis among players, coaches, and their immediate household members, and you will be agreeing to promptly share testing results with a designee of East Marietta Basketball.
- Due to the nature of the pandemic, results of any positive tests or persons required to quarantine WILL be shared with impacted teams and coaches, as needed. The league follows CDC and Cobb/Douglas Dept. of Health guidelines regarding quarantine, which varies from Cobb County Schools.
- Coaches must report Covid-19 cases, suspected cases, or quarantine situations, among your team to your Commissioner.
- Quarantine Requirements are as follows.
Following Covid-19 diagnosis, a player or coach must stay out of practices and games for 5 days, counting Day 1 as the day after symptoms appeared or, if no symptoms, the day after the positive test. Players and coaches can return after the 5th day of quarantine if they are asymptomatic.
Covid-19 Exposure/Contact Tracing:
If a player or coach has a close contact exposure, such as a diagnosis among an immediate family member (household member) or a team member, the player or coach must stay out of practices and games for 5 days, counting Day 1 as the day after symptoms appeared in their family member or teammate, or, if no symptoms, the day after the positive test. Players and coaches can return after the 5th day of quarantine if they are asymptomatic.